[PLUG] Thunderbird Issues

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Jul 25 15:48:06 UTC 2005

On 7/25/05 7:15 AM, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> I've switched to Thunderbird for a few features it has that I like
> better than Konqueror -- multiple address books, better address
> groupings, etc.
>
> One feature that isn't working is being able to click on a link and have
> it open in a browser. I found some instructions that said to create a
> user.js file. If I understood it correctly, it wants to find that file
> in the same directory as the program file. I have one there, but it
> still doesn't work. The contents of the file are below.

The user.js file lives in the thunderbird profile directory in $HOME. On
a Linux box, the path would be something like

* $HOME/.thunderbird/ptvdt5yx.default/user.js

Under OS X, it's

* $HOME/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/tt69vp2w.default/user.js

The actual name of your profile directory will be slightly different.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com