[PLUG] Blacklist in Browser?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Jul 25 15:58:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:40:43AM -0700, Charles Sliger wrote:
> Looking for a browser that lets you maintain a blacklist.

Blacklist of what?  You ain't paying me enough to read your mind, man.

> I would like to be able to maintain the blacklist in much the same way that
> bookmarks are maintained.

If you mean a blacklist of websites, I'm sure you could use Adblocker
in FireFox, and there may even be an extension especially for the
purpose.  Of course, someone who's even mildly technical (e.g. nearly
anyone younger than 18) would probably be able to find a way around it.
See: https://addons.mozilla.org

If you need a real web-filtering system, use DansGuardian, either on
the box as a daemon or on a separate router.  (I think IPCop supports it.)