[PLUG] Thunderbird Issues

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Tue Jul 26 01:36:10 UTC 2005

Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> I've switched to Thunderbird for a few features it has that I like
> better than Konqueror -- multiple address books, better address
> groupings, etc.

I switched to Thunderbird after Evolution died on me a few months back.
 I like it... but have a few pet peeves-

There's no "Reply to list" !!  Bah.  How disgusting that something so
important should be missing.

I have many email addresses that are sent to my "rob" user.  Thunderbird
is completely braindead about this - I can't have multiple identities
under a single IMAP box, so I create dummy identities.  But if somebody
mails rob at axpr.net and I hit reply, it defaults to athlonrob at axpr.net,
my default identity, becahse that's the email address associated with
the imap box.  Most other mail clients I've used will pick up the email
being addressed to a different identity on the box...

Kmail supports all the stuff I want, FWIW, it's UI is just so crappy and
web-page-feeling I can't stand to use it for more than a day at a time.

Rob