[PLUG] MySQL Statement?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 28 18:24:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Steven D. Coffman wrote:

> Lol.. guess it's been a while since I've coded stuff. The only real element
> that is in common for all of the tables is the fileID on the first
> "Atable". I want to select all of the fileID's for that company that meets
> the date requirements, then delete each table associated for that fileID.
> Hope that makes some sense. I can to the first select and know how do
> perform the deletes.. I'm just missing that next step of getting all of the
> selected fileID's and then read them back into the next selection.

Steve,

   Does mysql support cascading deletes? If so, deleting fileID from Atable
will also delete related records in all other tables. I could give you the
postgres syntax but not the mysql syntax.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"