[PLUG] Re: css questions

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sat Jul 30 21:25:37 UTC 2005

Ali Corbin wrote:
> I tried that one first.
>
> em is the size of an 'M', the widest character in the alphabet.
>
> Since gmail uses a proporation font, the window ended up being
> extraordinarily wide.

Since we're now aware that the em is sized based on the widest character
and we knew alreacy the not all characters are that wide, we can  no
decide that in most cases the mix of letters will come out to, say,
70 em.  Using that there will be the right amount of space that
grows or shrinks as you change your disply font or its size.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity