[PLUG] I cannot make tonights meeting

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jun 3 05:30:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 18:04 -0700, AthlonRob wrote:
> Alan wrote:
> > He will be speaking on Linux kernel
> > security measures.
>
> The way some sites are playing Linux security lately (and I can't say I
> totally disagree with them)... that could be a very short talk.  :-\

Actually not.  There is more going on in that field than people realize.

Just describing how to use LSM would be a couple of hours, not to
mention the SELinux permission set, buffer overflow detection and format
bug protection.

Yesterday I got an error message where glibc actually recognized and
halted on a double free. That was new.

--
"All power is derived from the barrel of a GNU." Mao Tse Stallman