[PLUG] apache2

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sun Jun 5 11:40:01 UTC 2005

Vram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I  am trying to set up Multiple Domains with one IP...
>
> I am using apache2...
>
> And I followed the example that come with the doc....
>
> It dosen;t seen to work

In my out-of-the-box Apache 2 httpd.conf the section on NameVirtualHost
reads:

   NameVirtualHost *

   # All VirtualHost definitions are in seperate files
   include /etc/httpd/conf/vhost.d

If yours does also I highly suggest going with the flow and creating
individual virtual host definition files in that directory[1]

This is _very_ easy to work with and adding additional named virtual
hosts is as easy as adding a file with contents similar to:

  <VirtualHost  *>
        ServerName dawg.patch.com
        ServerAdmin dawgadmin at patch.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/dawg
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/dawg/
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/dawg-access.log combined
        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/dawg-error.log
  </VirtualHost>

Then running the init script for apache with a "reload" parameter.

[1] Or creating another directory and identifying it at this point
in the config file.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity