[PLUG] Debian 3.1 (Sarge) Released

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Tue Jun 7 15:44:07 UTC 2005

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Not necessarily x86, but Intel. Part of the problem was that IBM
> couldn't come up with a 64-bit chip suitable for Apple laptops. So I
> would imagine you'll see an x86-64 PowerBook.

...Intel being a subset of x86 these days.  Sure, they have the Itanium
II and the Xeon EMT64 chips, but their consumer-grade chips are all x86.

If Apple wanted to move on in to the 64-bit world, the clear choice
would be AMD, with affordable and well-tested x86-64 chips... ones that
actually go in laptops.  :-)

I don't personally think we'll see an x86-64 PowerBook.

Rob