[PLUG] Debian 3.1 upgrade experience

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 8 20:43:28 UTC 2005

Everything went smoothly, with two exceptions.  Two somewhat hacky
things I had set up:

  a) my lpd printing broke, but honestly it was kind of dodgy before
     anyway, so I can't lay all the blame on Debian (I am switching to
     CUPS, I think); and

  b) my stunnel setup for pop3s broke.  I am not sure why.  My remote
     clients (Mozilla Mail) silently just stopped connecting.  I
     switched to stunnel4 and am now getting:

       SSL alert (write): fatal: handshake failure
       SSL_connect: 1408F10B: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

     Anyone seen this before, know what is wrong and how to fix?

Otherwise, the upgrade-in-place went extremely smoothly, as I've come
to expect from Debian.

seniorr at aracnet.com