[PLUG] Website hosting at home

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Fri Jun 10 04:52:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 21:11 -0700, Dave Poirier wrote:
> Just came across...
> http://zoneedit.com/
> "free DNS and domain management for the first 5 domains"
> Thought it could be useful for someone. I personally have never used
> it.  Anyone out there have any experience with them?

I don't have experience with them, but I am very pleased with the
service at http://freedns.afraid.org/

I host 6 domains there, two of which are active. The service covers any
number of domains, is very easy to use, and supports easy dynamic
updates for those uncomfortable times when your IP address changes. You
can have almost any type of DNS record, including TXT records for SPF.
And there is no advertising, anywhere. I bought a premium account
($30/year for the lowest level) to support the operation and to get
wildcard entries, but if your needs are modest there's no reason you
would need to use anything but the free service.

I highly recommend it.

Evan