[PLUG] Time to replace firewall/mail/web/dns/etc .. suggestions ?

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Sat Jun 11 23:05:01 UTC 2005

Pete Lancashire wrote:
> Well my old systems is starting to voice its last gasps of life,
> its a AMD K5-450 w/32Megs RAM.

RIP, AMD.

And I think it's a K6-2 or K6-3, the K5 didn't scale that high.

> Anyone know of a nice low power MB with at least on built in
> E-Net, maybe two ? Small notebook/laptop size/power disk drives ?

Are you describing a mini?  I think you are.  :-)

> Cost is a bit of a factor, especially since I want to build two,
> one for redundancy. Speed is not much of an issue, all the cpu/
> disk hog apps run on other servers behind the wall.

What kind of cost are you looking at?  Cheapest you can get?

> I'd love to find something thats like a 1RU or similiar size.

See if you can find an epia if you want the ultimate low
power/size/speed...errr... low power, small size solution.

Rob