[PLUG] Time to replace firewall/mail/web/dns/etc .. suggestions ?

Dwight Hubbard dwight at dwightandamy.com
Sun Jun 12 04:59:53 UTC 2005

Linksys WRT54Gs are cheap (cost around $60, although I saw them on
sale recently for $45), small, low power and run Linux.  The source
code for the WRT54G is available and there are several custom distros
for them.  They make decent firewall/vpn/dns/ids/wap/managed switch.
The main drawback is there's no disk so they are essentially useless
as mail/web servers.