[PLUG] Clinic this Saturday?

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jun 15 00:20:06 UTC 2005

Do I understand correctly that the Clinic will be this Saturday, June
18?

If so I wil be there. And I have a small gift for the kind gentleman
who spent hours helping me try to get Mandriva 64-bit to boot on
my Compaq R4000. (Sorry, forgot the name.) It seems that I
bought a 25-pack of DVD-Rs from Fry's and used about 10 of them
with the R4000. But then I returned the R4000 to HP and got an
R3240 instead. The R3240 can use only DVD+R, so the DVD-Rs
are worthless to me. They're yours if you want them. If not, they're
up for grabs.

I have made great strides with the R3240 and learning the basics of
Linux. At this point wireless is still not working. It's doable -- lots of
reports from other R3240 users that they got it working.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to follow their instructions,
mostly due to lack of knowledge of terminal commands. But I have
all the files and stuff -- ndiswrapper, Windows drivers, etc.

Planning on seeing some of you there. One day I may actually
know enough to be able to help another n00bie. :)