[PLUG] Help Needed from Python Pundits

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 15 13:18:23 UTC 2005

   I'm trying to install wxPython (the GUI widget toolkit) and I keep failing.
It compiles, builds and installs (in /usr/local) just fine, but when I test
the installation by importing all, the module is not found.

   The author of wxGlade suggested a few things (he's also running Slackware
and has had no problems installing and using wxPython), but even making a
wxPython directory in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages and putting wx.pth in
there made no difference.

   PyQt is OK for a local application, but I want to use wxPython for another
one. If someone here can provide some advice and guidance, I'd appreciate it.

TIA,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)