[PLUG] Porting app from Windows to Linux

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 15 19:34:04 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> 1) What tools are available to help port the C and the
Keith> assembler code?

Not sure about the assembler, but for C I tend to just throw gcc at it
and see where it chokes, fix, rinse, repeat.  Then check the output
to see if it generates the same thing as the original.  I'd be
inclined to ditch the assembler and recode that part in C.  Presumably
he understands what the assembler does.  Then profile and think about
whether the assembler still makes sense.

seniorr at aracnet.com