[PLUG] wmv on linux

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 21:15:46 UTC 2005

On 16 Jun 2005, at 13:22, AthlonRob wrote:

> Aaron Baer wrote:
> > I've always found ogle to be the most consistent application for
> > playing DVD's.
>
> Ditto.
>
> MPlayer for files, ogle for DVDs!  :-)

Sell, so far I have tried Totem (installed by default on my Ubuntu
5.04 AMD-64), MPlayer, Ogle and VideoLan Client. None work.

Totem pops up when I insert a movie DVD, and then announces it
can't play the DVD because of an "unspecified error."

MPlayer starts to play the DVD, a screen flashes up for about one
second, and then the whole program disappears. Ogle and VLC do
the same, except they don't even flash a screen up for a second.
They just go away.

I'm pretty sure lbdvdread3 is installed. Also the other one, *css or
something.

I can browse the files on the DVD, so reading the media is not the
problem. All I can think of is that it's some security issue.