[PLUG] Presentations Created With LaTeX

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 17 21:17:21 UTC 2005

   I know that there are other LaTeX users here who need to make oral presentations
using computer generated "slides." LaTeX has had the prosper and seminar
classes available for a while, but there's one that is much better: beamer.

   The beamer class produces pdf output but allows the full typesetting power
of LaTeX to be used. It's really a nice tool; I just finished my first
presentation with it and it does produce impressive, OS-agnostic results.
I'll have a copy of the pdf on my web site after I create some graphics for
it and get those inserted.

   You can find the beamer.cls and beamer.sty on CTAN. It works _very_ well
with LyX.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)