[PLUG] slackware an scsi error

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Thu Jun 23 06:21:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 09:59 -0600, "Elídier Moya R." wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install slackware on my scsi hd. I had some problems with
> that so I disable parity (on the scsi administration tool that come with
> the disk) and everything seems to be ok.
>
> Now I can see the disk from slackware installation (/dev/sda), the
> problem is that when I use cfdisk to make partitions it can't save the
> new partition scheme. No error messages, just when I run  cfdisk again
> it says Do you wish to start with a zero table?

If there is no error, then more than likely it is doing what you ask it
to.  Some systems have to reboot after changing partition information,
this is usually indicated by a failure to re-read the partition table.
I would also recommend booting a live-CD distribution (like Knoppix --
it has pretty good hardware detection) and use that to change the
partition tables.

Good luck,

--
Derek Loree