[PLUG] FC4 Boot problem

James McEvoy jemcevoy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:34:29 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, William A Morita <wamorita at hevanet.com> wrote:
> Gang,
>
> I successfully have downloaded (all the sums checkout) FC4 and tried to load
> it.
> I cannot even boot up into the load process.  The linux that runs the load
> process gets an error saying it has a sync problem with VFS.
> This happens on the DVD, the first FC54 CD and the FC4 recovery disk.
>
> I successfully loaded FC3 with no problems.  I was trying to upgrade to FC4.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?  (Unfortuately I was not able to make it to the
> clinic)
>

> - Bill Morita
>
> wamorita at hevanet.com
> Home: (503) 697-6994
> Cell: (503) 260-3876

Hi Bill,
How did you create the disks?  Did you use cdrecord?  What options did you use?
I downloaded FC4 i386 DVD on Windows and burned them using nero 6. The
DVD booted the first time I tried. I normally download on Linux but I
am too tight on space and have been waiting for FC4 to install a new
disk and rebuild my system.

  --jim