[PLUG] Accessing files on a local network

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Jun 27 02:13:46 UTC 2005

John Jordan wrote:

>On 26 Jun 2005, at 18:16, Russ Johnson wrote:
>

>>What is the path Nautilus is showing?
>>

>"StarOffice on Devil4."
>
>"StarOffice" is the name I gave to the folder on the Windows
>computer where I store StarOffice files. "Devil4" is the name of the
>Windows computer.

It's not mounted. You are looking at a network location through the
network share.

You must mount the share on a local mount point. Then OO will be able to
use the file as if it was local.

Use the mount command to do this.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #24 (Collect all 25)
 "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan