[PLUG] Resolved: Ubuntu X question

Rich Burroughs rich at paranoid.org
Mon Jun 27 03:36:16 UTC 2005

On Sun, June 26, 2005 3:37 pm, Rich Burroughs said:
> Rogan Creswick wrote:
>
>> I had this problem on Friday, it ended up that there were no
>> horizontal refresh / vert.sync lines for the monitor (I had switched
>> to an older, but nicer monitor, and it did not support EDIC, or
>> whatever the autodetection protocol is).
>>
>> By specifying these setting in the Monitor section, the problem went
>> away, and X started obeying my settings in the Display and Screen
>> section(s).

That did it, I'm running in 1024x768 now.

Thanks, Rogan :)

The weird thing is that I ran the reconfig again and chose the "advanced"
option where you enter the rates directly. I put them in, but when I
checked the xorg.conf file there was no sign of them. I was definitely
looking at the right file, too. I put them in manually and now it works.

Something brokey...