[PLUG] FC4 Boot problem

William A Morita wamorita at hevanet.com
Mon Jun 27 04:33:43 UTC 2005

Alan,

I am trying to install on a HP Vectra VL 800 PC (2.8gh) with 1 GB memory and
a SATA 120 GB disk.

I had trouble earlier with booting Knoppix 3.7 which defaults to the 2.4
kernal on the SATA drives.  When I told 3.7 to boot 2.6 it worked.  Knoppix
3.9 boots just fine (defaults to 2.6). FYI, the FC4 DVD/CD work fine on my
other systems.

I suspect that the SATA drives are the problem.  I would think the loading
image on the FC4 load DVD/CD would be 2.6, but if not, there does not seem
to be a way to force 2.6 .

Any thoughts?

- Bill
wamorita at hevanet.com