[PLUG] OMR Software?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 29 01:27:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> Here's the only OSS OCR that I know of.
>
>  http://jocr.sourceforge.net/

Eric,

   I've used this for several years now, occasionally. It works well enough to
disassemble protected pdfs from the displayed image.

> Maybe it could be extended or refactored to provide a mark recognition API?
> Are you looking for something with a front-end or just a library?

   A library.

   With some more research I've pretty well decided that 1) the solution is
related to the specific hardware scanner we'll use and 2) it wou't be
difficult to write a python (or C) program that will read the signals and
store the data appropriately.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)