[PLUG] Secure activation of M$

GLL guy1656 at ados.com
Thu Jun 30 05:32:16 UTC 2005

: > Has anyone had any experience calling Microsoft to
: > get their XP system activated?

Close - My wife wona a copy of MS 2003 Enterprise Server Porfessional (or
something crunchy-sounding like that) as a high-tech door prise.

We activated it by having me drive into town to a random pay phone with a
5-watt CB walkie-talkie, and her back home on the base unit. (Late 70's
tech!)

I called the numner, got the automated voice, and relayed commands to her. She
relayed the activation code which was displayed on the screen, which I
punched in on the phone. The I relayed her the responding activation code
(which we both wrote down as well.)

So much for preserving what anonymity one can, and also -NOT- being a
telemarketing victim.

- GLL