[PLUG] disk under software mirror died

D. Cooper Stevenson cstevens at gencom.us
Wed Mar 2 18:41:23 UTC 2005

This kind of issue isn't hard to resolve but it may take a few steps to
get your system booting. I am working under the assumption that /dev/hdb
is an exact copy of /dev/hda. If it were me I would simply remove hda;
it's dead so get it out of there. Then:

  * Cable /dev/hdb to be the new /dev/hda

  * Update the BIOS if not automaticly done

  * Try to boot

The system will likely not boot at this point as the master boot record
is not updated but it never hurts to try and can save time. If the
system doesn't boot then:

  * Boot to Knoppix CD

  * Run GRUB (probably) or LILO to configure Master Boot Record Here's a
nice bootloader guide:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=10

Let me know how it turns out.

-Coop