[PLUG] Restart a 'hung'(?) process

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Mar 2 18:57:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

Thanks to all.  It appears I'm SOL for this application.  The kill -HUP
<pid> Rich suggested killed the process ... dead.  For now it's a ^C in
the PuTTY window which gets me back to the mini-menu then re-select the
output.

The longer term plan , which may or may not work , is to have the colorize
script run as a daemon and output to a socket or port that a monitoring
program or terminal can connect to and display the output.  I think this
is similar to a RSS feed but without the XML.

Again thanks,
Rod