[PLUG] disk under software mirror died

Mike De La Mater mikedela at theplatinumrule.com
Wed Mar 2 23:27:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 10:41, D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:
> The system will likely not boot at this point as the master boot record
> is not updated but it never hurts to try and can save time. If the
> system doesn't boot then:
>
>   * Boot to Knoppix CD
>
>   * Run GRUB (probably) or LILO to configure Master Boot Record Here's a
> nice bootloader guide:
>

> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=10

I've carefully been through the directions and set grub to boot from the
proper image on the correct drive, but it still will not boot. fdisk
shows the partitions as part of the RAID array, still.

I'm using knoppix to copy off the home directory to get ready to install
new drives.

Is there a way to get it to boot so I can use the RAID to copy the data
onto the new drives?