[PLUG] Re: thumb drive recommendations?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Mar 3 06:49:44 UTC 2005

Paul Mullen <pem at nellump.net> writes:
> Linux). It has a pretty slim form factor. I never notice it in my
> pocket.

Keith Lofstrom writes:

I used to have a "pretty slim form factor" drive, that "I never noticed
in my pocket".  It had a nasty disagreement with Mr. Washing Machine.

Now I carry one of the little Iomega drives with the hinged cap.  This
guy is even smaller than my first drive, about 1.5 inches long.  It
fits in the little change pouch that I carry, and the change pouch is
big enough to always notice.  So that may be a clue, get a drive that
fits in something else that you always carry.  Hierarchy.

Both the previous thumb drive and this one "just work".  I mount mine
with "mount /flash".  You can also make this automatic.

Keith