[PLUG] NetFilter automation tools

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Mar 3 23:55:40 UTC 2005

I'm starting to get lost in my iptable rules and was wanting to add some
logging rules.  While searching on da'web I came across an article
comparing NetFilter automation tools.  The one tha caught my eye was ferm
( for easy rule making ) but the last update appears to be late 2003.  So
either it is really good or been kind-of abandoned.

This is _not_ for a firewall system but for a Vserver so there are
_rather_ complex or rather *loads* of rules that I've pounded together.

Are there other options that make iptable rules.  What are you using , if
anything , beside vi and a clue ( like Wil ;-).  I can do the vi but
running short on clues.

Rod