[PLUG] Good and bad news about Realtek 8081 chipset...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Wed Mar 2 20:42:58 UTC 2005

The good news is that I got one up using ndiswrapper-1.0 and the
most recent stock 2.6.10 kernel for Fedora Core 3 on  my P4.
Now the question, what can my 300 mhz machine run?  I'm
wondering if Slackware 10.1 will also work.  I'd need to figure
out how to install 2.6.10 to Slackware 10.1.  The bad news is
that I have a lot of work ahead to create a new nfs exported
root for my K6-2 300.  I wish I could emulate a K6-2 300 on
my Pentium 4 to install Slackware 10.1 to.

At least I've gotten one of these cards to work on a Linux
system finally.

     --  Michael C. Robinson