[PLUG] Re: Slowest Full duplex 100MB in the west

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Mar 16 05:46:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, keith morse wrote:
> Don't discount one of the ethernet cables being flakey either.

Oddly, I can't find a decent cable with which to test, but I did mentally
discount cable issues because lower speed transfer rates work great.  The
errors only happen when you try to use the whole pipe (I think).

You would think that a bad cable would give you consistent errors at every
speed (since the same amount of electricity moves down the wire at the
same speed, regardless of data transfered).

J.
--
      Jeme A Brelin
     jeme at brelin.net