[PLUG] Route to USPS ( www.usps.gov )

Rich Burroughs rich at paranoid.org
Sat Mar 19 05:16:26 UTC 2005

Elliott Mitchell wrote:

> There is nothing you can do besides tell them it doesn't appear to be on
> your end (your e-mail makes it to this mailing list), and you cannot do
> any further diagnosis.

Well, there may be more that you can do than that :)

Are we talking about incoming mail to your server, outgoing, or both?

If it's outgoing, check your queue for the messages, and your mail log.
Try to telnet to port 25 of their mail server and see what happens. You
should be able to connect to their server and even type an email if you
speak SMTP :) If you can't connect, then the error should give you a
clue as to what's happening. If it's something like a spam blacklist
involved, that may even show up in your maillog.

If it's incoming, mail only, then that's harder to troubleshoot on your
end, their admin would need to check on their mail server.