[PLUG] my video problem

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 24 20:08:12 UTC 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Michael D. Harris D.M.D.
# on Thursday 24 March 2005 01:48 pm:

>I noticed I have a file xf86config and one called xf86config-4.  The
> -4 file has info in it concerning and nVidia card and this file does
> not get altered when I run xf86config.

Sounds like something is wrong with your xf86config setup.

> Could that file be the one my
> system used prior to my doing the upgrade, and if so, how do I get it
> to be used again?

It's the file that X (version 4 and later) uses, and that's what counts.
When you run startx, startkde, or '/etc/init.d/?dm
start', /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 is the default config file.

  man XF86Config

--Eric
--
A counterintuitive sansevieria trifasciata was once literalized
guiltily.