[PLUG] Video success, I hope

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 27 15:40:13 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Michael D. Harris wrote:

> There is a line in my config file:
>
> "UseFBdev"	"True"
>
> I commented out that line and my gui came back.

   Yea, team!

> Now, can anyone tell me, is that a bad move, or am I to assume since it
> worked that I am ok? My desktop background looks a little darker than I
> remember, but, that is of little consequence to me and can probably be
> handled through some manual settings,

   The line directed the X server to use a frame buffer device, but it could
not find one. Ergo, commenting it out is a Good Thing(TM). It would also work
(I believe) if you changeed the "True" to "False".

   Welcome back to your real life.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)