[PLUG] Comcast flakeyness

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 03:40:50 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 March 2005 10:33 am, Steve Bonds wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:03:07 -0800, Mel Andres wrote:
> > Is it just me, or has Comcast been delivering interupted service
> > elsewhere. Much worse than usual. Perhaps it's a maintenance weekend?
>
> I long ago gave up on Comcast's flaky DNS servers, but lately even my
> local DNS has been having problems with excessive lost packets to the
> .com TLD servers.

I've started seeing Comcast problems, too. It seems kind of crazy that I
should get a bounce sending from my primary account to one of my secondary
accounts!

All but the content of the returned message appears below.

Maybe part of the trouble is that according to that info, I sent the message
tomorrow!

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints avaliable at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/

A message (from <rsteff at comcast.net>) was received at 29 Mar 2005  3:20:22
+0000.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<attnetops20 at comcast.net>
	Permanent Failure: Other address status
	Delivery last attempted at Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:20:25 -0000

Reporting-MTA: dns; rwcrmxc21.comcast.net
Arrival-Date: 29 Mar 2005  3:20:22 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <attnetops20 at comcast.net>
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other address status
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:20:25 -0000