[PLUG] Re: LPI exams

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 29 21:01:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Ron Braithwaite wrote:

> I passed my second LPI exam and am now officially certified at LPIC 1.

   Mazel tov!

> So who else has taken their tests at Free Geek and gotten their results and
> passed certification?

   However, before getting too carried away: what initials are you now
entitled to add after your name? After all, what good is the certification if
you don't get any initials, eh?

   Consider that there's CPC (for Certified Professional Consultant) and CPS
(for Certified Professional Speaker) and all the other initials that do not
let us know who's doing the certifying. So, linux certification must
certainly be of a sounder basis with greater meaning and deserves powerful
initials to place after one's name. How about PG (Professional Geek) ...
wait, that's already taken by the Professional Geologists to distinguish
themselves from the Amateur Geologists.

:-)

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)