[PLUG] Mac OS X

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Mar 30 18:26:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Bill Spears wrote:

> Not to encourage infidelity, but has anyone else moved an account
> from Fedora to Mac OS X?  I guess the main point would be moving
> from Evolution to ?. I believe Firefox is available for Mac.

I use Linux at home and Mac OS X at work. The only way I know to
maintain compatibility between mail clients on both platforms is to
use standards-based network protocols: IMAP for mail, LDAP for
addresses. Otherwise, data will get lost, no doubt about it...

That said, you might be able to get Evolution to compile and run on a
Mac -- but that's only a guess. I can say, however, that the Mozilla
Thunderbird mail client works quite well on OS X. (Pine, too, but
that's a fairly acquired taste these days. :-)

Also, many people know and like the Apple Mail client.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>