[PLUG] Mac OS X

Steven Raymond stever at woo-hoo.com
Wed Mar 30 18:27:29 UTC 2005

Bill Spears said:
> Not to encourage infidelity, but has anyone else moved an account from
> Fedora to Mac OS X?  I guess the main point would be moving from
> Evolution to ?. I believe Firefox is available for Mac.

Yes.  Fedora used to be my main workstation.  First it was a 15"
PowerBook, now it's a 12" PowerBook.  I still keep Fedora around for my
work-work, but all my goofing off and whatnot is on OSX.

I use only webmail and haven't used Evolution in years.

Firefox is indeed available, but Safari seems to work with just about
everything.  The only complaint I heard was probably a year ago that it
wasn't supported by USBank online billpay.  Otherwise I have no
complaints.

> Comments?

I still think Macs are overpriced, but just bought my daughter a mini.  It
was nice to have everything "just work", on the first try.  She loves it.
Her aging windows box was too hosed up after not being formatted for a few
years, and XP would seize due to I think the wireless nic.  Gave up and
got the mini, the PC is heading to the recycler.

On an unrelated note, I just got an HP 7310 network-connected all-in-one
printer/scanner/fax/copier.  Am tickled with it.  Works great under Linux,
OSX, and Windows.  All over ethernet.

--
"But thinking is always sooo difficult....."
    Winnie The Pooh