[PLUG] getting started

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Mar 31 23:31:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 08:46:09PM -0800, Michael D. Harris wrote:
> Since the topic of Linux certification has come up it raised some
> curiosity for me.  I would like to start working toward something like
> that, mainly for my own satisfaction.  Can those of you with the
> experience recommend some starting materials for me?

I would recommend studying for the LPI.  There are only a handful of
books on it, I like the O'reilly book but it's kind of old.  There's
also an excellent tutorial series at IBM DeveloperWorks for LPI.

I found that studying/cramming with other folks really helped.  As
mentioned, there's an lpi-study list at FreeGeek.org.

> I am also interested in learning tcl/tk.  Do you have any
> recommendations on where to start?

Have you checked out what's at the library?