[PLUG] Brain the size of a planet - algol

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Thu May 5 03:53:18 UTC 2005

Quoth M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, on Wed, 04 May 2005 20:08:05 -0700:

> Ah, but do you remember Algol *58* and its descendents, MAD, JOVIAL
> and NELIAC? Did you ever see an IBM 709?
>
> <ducking>

Akamon Sheesh, are you all posting from the same nursing home, or what?
Start reminiscing about vintage abacuses, and I'll. . . .

<jumps down a spider hole>

--Jason

--
Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this
kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.