[PLUG] My anti spam approach...

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Fri May 6 22:34:33 UTC 2005

Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday May 4 2005 11:42 am, plug_0 at robinson-west.com wrote:
>>Is it wise to block sites that don't reverse dns
>>resolve at all?  Anyone know of a legitimate Internet
>>connected smtp email source that doesn't have a PTR record?
>

> It's generally safe to block sites that don't have a PTR.

I disagree... although I realize in the war on spam, there will be some
innocent bystanders killed.

A mail server I've recently finished setting up for some semi high
traffic stuff (for me, anyway, probably nothing compared to what some of
the big boys run) still doesn't have a PTR record... getting the colo
provider to edit their zone files seems to be like pulling teeth.  :-)

Rob