[PLUG] It's Here!!

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Mon May 9 19:17:52 UTC 2005

Quoth John Jordan, on Mon, 9 May 2005 09:48:13 -0700:

> 4) I know that in XP the user can disable the touchpad. I plan never
> to use it. I have purchased instead a Logitech USB optical scroll
> mouse to use with the new laptop. Can I disable the touchpad later
> after I have Linux installed? Or should this be done during
> installation?

I have the same two pointing devices.  You'll be able to configure all
this later.  In fact, you needn't disable your touchpad at all.  The two
will actually work simultaneously.  Good for me, since if I unplug my
USB mouse, linux loses track of it, and to recover it I have to kill X,
rmmod mousedev, insmod mousedev and then restart X.  But the touchpad
always works.

--Jason

--
A person's shoes can tell a lot about the person. That's why I always
cut the tongue out of my old shoes.