[PLUG] Reinstall?

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 18:51:23 UTC 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# John Jordan
# on Tuesday 10 May 2005 11:43 am:

>I think I'm going to have to wipe out Suse 9.3 and reinstall. It's the
>only way I can think of to get it out of my data partition and into
> the partition I want it in.

The only way?  Why not just move or copy the files (then edit
your /etc/fstab) to make it the way you want it?  This could be tricky
if you're new, but post some details and the list can tell you how to
do it.

Basically, you just need to understand the way *nix sees the filesystem
as one tree with devices mounted on it.  Once everything is mounted, it
doesn't matter which device the stuff is on.

In particular, your current /etc/fstab would be good to see.

--Eric
--
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a
desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.