[PLUG] It's Here!!

Jason Van Cleve jason at vancleve.com
Tue May 10 21:03:02 UTC 2005

Quoth John Jordan, on Tue, 10 May 2005 11:43:19 -0700:

> And while I'm on that subject, I need some education about the
> different folders. Like /etc, /usr, and so on. I understand the need

Here's a nickel's worth:  have patience.  ;)  The unix file system
conventions are--to borrow from Douglas Adams--almost, but not quite,
entirely unintuitive.  They'll take a little while to learn.  For now,
just know that /etc is where most things are configured system-wide.

> And how do I get rid of Suse? Parts of it are in the small partition

Many linux installers provide options for selecting which partitions
should be formatted upon installation.  So you should be able to just
pop in an install CD and redo/reformat your partitions as needed during
installation.

--Jason

--
There are 10 kinds of people in this world:  those who can count in
binary, and those who can't.