[PLUG] DNS issues

Ovid publiustemp-plug at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 20:55:11 UTC 2005

Hi all,

When I first set up my DSL through Earthlink, I discovered that my DNS
resolution was very, very slow.  Earthlink wouldn't help me because I
was running FC2.  A friend sent me a list of nameserver IP addresses to
 add to my /etc/resolv.conf and that fixed the problem.

Today, the problem is back with a vengeance (at least, I assume  it's
DNS related).  I can surf and when I finally get to a page it loads
quickly and when I hit refresh it reloads quickly.  It's that initial
lag which is killing me.

How the heck do I diagnose issues like this?  More importantly, any
pointers on fixing them?

My iBook is running on the same network and it's not having any
problems.  (It's going through the wireless router which in turn is
connected to the Netopia DSL modem.  The FC2 box is connected directly
to the Netopia DSL modem).

Cheers,
Ovid