[PLUG] What is the best CMS for a web site.`

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Thu May 12 15:33:52 UTC 2005

* Shaun Savage <savages at tvlinux.org> [050512 08:17]:
> I am finding that hand coding a web site give you great power but it is
> very time consuming.  I want a CMS that is less time consuming but still
> looks good. I prefer using Postgres as the database and the CMS to
> support XHTML. (I don't want tables for layout).  I don't like
> cluttered/busy web sites, just present the facts.
> What do people suggest?

I don't have any real suggestions, other than to say that I'm just
getting my feet wet with Zope, so you might want to take a look at it.

I've never done much web site content, but I'm trying to learn now,
sticking with XHTML 1.0 Strict, css (not tables) for positioning, etc.

Zope is built on python, so I'm working on learning that also, as I've
always been a Perl person.

I'll be interested to hear what other folks suggest. I've done some
screwing around with mason-perl, which I like a lot, but I tried
Bricolage and ended up very confused...

--Stafford