[PLUG] Switching from KDE to Gnome

Eli Stair eli.stair at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:37:57 UTC 2005

If it did indeed install, you should be able to select it during
login.  Enter your username, and in the pulldown (forget what it's
labeled) in the lower/right hand corner of the KDM/XDM login window,
you should be able to choose between Gnome/KDE/fvwm, etc.

/eli

On 5/12/05, John Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm sure you guys will find this a stupid question. The last time I
> installed Suse 9.3 (which is all I can get running so far), I told it to
> install both the KDE and Gnome desktops. And Gnome appears to
> be there, even though it launches into KDE. Today I decided to
> play with Gnome for a while. I looked everywhere, but can't figure
> out how. Read the Suse manuals, help files, everything. Not a word
> about which magic incantation gets me into Gnome.
>
> So how do I get into Gnome?

--I'm on vacation, and so is my .sig!