[PLUG] Installing Knoppix

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Fri May 13 03:32:37 UTC 2005

What "actually" happened is that Knoppix has some differences in the
packages it requires and their dependencies from the stock Debian
repositories. As a result, if you blindly sync your system with Debian,
it deletes things you need to have. There are ways to fix this, but if
you want a mix of Sarge and Sid (or Etch and Sid in the not-too-distant
future) you're better off installing Sarge directly to your hard disk
and keeping Knoppix as a "rescue disk".