[PLUG] Mandriva Installation

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri May 13 14:51:40 UTC 2005

Last night I downloaded Mandriva 10.1 three-CD set. Just installed
it. Installation went fine -- I told it to install over Suse. I rebooted at
the end of the installation, but all I get is a text screen that says
"grub>." Of course I have no paper documentation and, since I
can't get it to boot I have no online documentation.

I read about Grub in the Fedora Core 3 Unleashed book, and I went
to the BootPrompt Howto at ibiblio.org. All they give me is
arguments I can pass to the kernel. They left out what to do if I
don't want to pass any arguments. I tried hitting enter, but it just
redisplays grub>. I tried typing "linux," "mandriva" "boot," "load,"
and several other things, but nothing works.

I really want to try out this distro because, other than Suse, it's the
only one that got all the way through the installation without killing
my keyboard and touchpad.

I've reinstalled three times, and each time this is the result after
rebooting. How do I get it to boot?