[PLUG] Redirecting a URL with ProxyPass to SSL (https://) on

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.com
Sun May 15 19:56:49 UTC 2005

> I'm also using ProxyPass to provide access to other
> servers/applications behind the frontman.  The ProxyPass directive is
> setup and interpreted flawlessly! That's all great!  Too great; I
> think I've realized that proxy directives are interpreted before any
> others (redirect, rewrite).

Er, why not run the ProxyPass only on the SSL vhost?  That way,

http://elis.box/proxied-service
gets rewritten to
https://secure.elis.box/proxied-service
and only then gets proxied out to
http://inside.firewall/service

?  That is roughly how I have some of my inside/outside firewall systems
set up (using separate Apache 1.x instances instead of virthosts, in
some cases though).

Best,

Randall

--
Randall Lucas            DF93EAD1
Tercent, Inc / SuperSurvey Online Surveys